2000s Recipes + Menus
Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Active time:20 min
- Start to finish:1 hr
- 4 lb sweet potatoes (8; preferably long)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Cover potatoes with cold salted water (see Tips) in a large pot, then bring to a boil. Simmer until slightly resistant in center when pierced with a sharp small knife, 25 to 30 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl of cold water to stop cooking. Drain well. When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes with a sharp small knife and quarter lengthwise.
Prepare grill for hot indirect cooking; see “Grilling Procedure.”
Whisk together lime juice, salt, and pepper and add oil in a slow stream, whisking. Whisk in cilantro.
Grill potatoes in 2 or 3 batches on lightly oiled grill rack (over coals if using a charcoal grill), uncovered, turning, until grill marks appear and potatoes are just tender, 3 to 6 minutes total.
Serve potatoes warm or at room temperature, drizzled with vinaigrette.
- Potatoes can be boiled and peeled 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Vinaigrette can be made 2 hours ahead and kept at room temperature.
- If you aren’t able to grill, potatoes can be cooked in a well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat, turning, until grill marks appear, 3 to 6 minutes total.