2000s Recipes + Menus
Endive and Radicchio Salad
- Active Time:20 min
- Start to Finish:20 min
- 3 Belgian endives
- 1/4 lb radicchio
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted (see Tips)
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds (optional)
Trim endives and halve lengthwise. Cut pieces in half crosswise, then cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
Cut radicchio in half and discard core, then cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips. Soak radicchio and endives in a large bowl of very cold water to crisp, 10 minutes, then drain and dry.
Whisk together mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, grapeseed oil, and sesame oil in another large bowl until emulsified.
Add endives, radicchio, scallions, and sesame seeds and toss until coated well.