2000s Recipes + Menus
Roasted Vegetable Gravy
- Active Time:45 min
- Start to Finish:2 3/4 hr (includes making stock)
Learn how we created the rich flavor in this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Roasted Vegetable Stock, heated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Melt butter in a 1 1/2- to 2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, then add flour and cook roux, stirring, until pale golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add stock in a stream, whisking constantly to prevent lumps, and bring to a boil, whisking. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.