2000s Recipes + Menus
- Active time:15 min
- Start to finish:1 3/4 hr (includes cooling)
- Vegetable oil for greasing pan
- 2 lb rhubarb stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a large shallow baking pan with vegetable oil.
Arrange rhubarb in 1 layer in pan and sift confectioners sugar evenly over top. Bake, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is very tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Transfer rhubarb to a food processor and purée until smooth. Force through a medium-mesh sieve into a bowl, discarding solids, and cool completely.
- Rhubarb purée can be cooled quickly by setting bowl in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and stirring occasionally.
- Rhubarb purée can be made 3 days ahead and chilled in an airtight container.