2000s Recipes + Menus
Celery-Root and Pecan Salad
- Active time:15 min
- Start to finish:15 min
- 1 cup pecan halves (3 1/2 oz), toasted (see Tips) and cooled
- 1 (1 1/2-lb) celery root, peeled with a sharp knife and quartered
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Finely chop two thirds of nuts. Coarsely grate celery root in a food processor fitted with medium shredding disk.
Stir together vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until salt is dissolved, then add celery root, chopped nuts, parsley, and shallot and toss well. Drizzle salad with oil and toss again. Serve sprinkled with remaining pecans.