2000s Recipes + Menus
MÂche, FrisÉe, and Radish Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- Active time:20 min
- Start to finish:20 min
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups loosely packed mâche (lambs lettuce)
- 2 cups loosely packed frisée (French curly endive), torn into bite-size pieces (from 1 head)
- 4 medium radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Whisk together mustard, shallot, sugar, salt, pepper, and vinegar in a small bowl, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified.
Just before serving, toss salad ingredients with just enough vinaigrette to coat and season with salt and pepper.
If the mâche you buy has plugs attached, youll need 3 ounces before trimming; if youre buying loose leaves, youll need 1 1/2 ounces.
Greens can be washed and dried 1 day ahead, then chilled in sealed plastic bags lined with dampened paper towels.
Vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.