2000s Recipes + Menus
- Active Time:25 min
- Start to Finish:1 1/2 hr (includes chilling)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh grapefruit juice (preferably pink or ruby red)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Cognac or other brandy
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves
- 1 navel orange, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lime, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (750-ml) bottle Champagne or other sparkling white wine, chilled
Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved, then transfer to a bowl and cool syrup completely (or quick chill by setting bowl in an ice bath and stirring occasionally until cool).
Stir together juices, wine, Cognac, mint, fruit, and cooled syrup in a large pitcher. Chill, covered, until cold, about 1 hour. Stir in Champagne.
Punch, without Champagne, can be made 3 hours ahead and chilled, covered. Add Champagne just before serving.