2000s Recipes + Menus
- Active time:10 min
- Start to finish:30 min
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce such as Frank’s Redhot
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (2-lb) piece salmon fillet with skin
Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in upper third. Lightly oil a shallow baking pan.
Melt butter with hot sauce and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper over medium heat. Set aside 1/4 cup sauce.
Toss panko with oil in a bowl. Put salmon, skin side down, in baking pan and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, then brush with remaining sauce. Sprinkle panko evenly over top of fish, then bake until panko is golden and fish is just cooked through, 16 to 22 minutes. Serve reserved sauce on the side.