2000s Recipes + Menus
Spicy Crab Spaghettini with Preserved Lemon
- Active time:20 min
- Start to finish:20 min (not including making preserved lemons)
- 1/2 lb spaghettini (thin spaghetti)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sambal oelek or Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 lb shelled cooked crabmeat, cut into 1-inch pieces (from about 1 1/4 lb thawed frozen king crab legs)
- 2 pieces preserved lemon (make recipe or use store-bought), pulp discarded and rind rinsed and finely chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
Cook spaghettini in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (3 tablespoons salt for 6 quarts water) until al dente.
Meanwhile, cook onion in oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring, until softened. Stir in sambal oelek and cook 1 minute, then add crabmeat. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, just until crabmeat is heated through.
Drain pasta, then add to skillet along with remaining ingredients and toss to coat well.