2000s Recipes + Menus
Teriyaki-Glazed Tofu and Broccolini
- Active time:10 min
- Start to finish:25 min
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches Broccolini (1 lb total)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, or to taste, divided
- 1 (14-oz) block extra-firm tofu, cut crosswise into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
Accompaniments:rice; lemon wedges
Preheat broiler. Line a large shallow baking pan with foil and lightly oil.
Toss onion and Broccolini in a bowl with vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
Pat tofu dry and arrange down middle of pan. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, then brush with 1 1/2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Spread vegetable mixture alongside tofu.
Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat until tofu is pale golden and vegetables are lightly charred in spots, about 7 minutes. Turn tofu over and brush with 1 1/2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, then stir vegetables. Broil until tofu is pale golden and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 7 minutes more.
Meanwhile, whisk together water, cornstarch, and 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce in a small heavy saucepan, then simmer, whisking occasionally, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, sesame oil, and, if desired, additional teriyaki sauce. Serve sauce over tofu, vegetables, and rice.