2000s Recipes + Menus
Peanut Brittle Brownies
- Active time:20 min
- Start to finish:1 1/2 hr
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed peanut brittle
Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Butter and flour a 13- by 9-inch baking pan.
Melt butter, peanut butter, and chocolate in a 3-qt heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat and cool. Whisk in brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk in eggs 1 at a time.
Whisk together flour and salt, then whisk into chocolate mixture.
Spread in pan. Bake 25 minutes.Sprinkle with brittle. Bake until a pick inserted in center comes out with crumbs, about 5 minutes. Cool completely.