2000s Recipes + Menus
Black Rice Salad
- Active time:20 min
- Start to finish:45 min
- 2 cups Chinese black rice
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves, divided
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 5 radishes, diced
- 1 cup chopped scallions (1 bunch)
Cook rice in a large pot of boiling salted water (1 Tbsp salt for 4 qt water), uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain in a sieve and rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile, purée 1 cup basil leaves with oil, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper in a blender until emulsified. Tear remaining 1/2 cup basil leaves into a large bowl and stir together with dressing, rice, and remaining ingredients. Season to taste.