2000s Recipes + Menus
- Active time:15 min
- Start to finish:1 1/4 hr
For more recipes inspired by the City of Light, visit our Paris City Guide.
- 1 lb black or red plums, pitted and cut into eighths
- 2 tablespoons Armagnac or other brandy
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon pure almond extract
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 400ºF with rack in middle. Butter a 2-qt shallow baking dish.
Toss plums with Armagnac and 1 Tbsp sugar in a bowl and let macerate 15 minutes. Transfer plums to baking dish with a slotted spoon and pour juices into a blender. Add eggs to blender with milk, butter, flour, salt, extracts, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar and blend just until combined. Pour over plums.
Bake until puffed and just set in center, about 35 minutes. Cool 15 minutes, then dust with confectioners sugar.