2000s Recipes + Menus
Wilted Greens with Warm Sherry Vinaigrette
- Active time:15 min
- Start to finish:15 min
View more of our favorite recipes from this issue.
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons cream Sherry
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil (not extra-virgin)
- 3/4 lb mixed seasonal baby greens (20 cups)
Mince and mash garlic to a paste with 1/4 tsp salt. Cook Sherry, vinegar, mustard, shallot, garlic paste, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, whisking, until heated through. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified.
Toss greens with warm dressing. Serve immediately.