2000s Recipes + Menus
Cranberry Tangerine Conserve
- Active time:10 min
- Start to finish:1 1/2 hr (includes cooling)
Learn the story behind the rest of this four hour feast in our series The Recipe.
- 2 tight-skinned tangerines
- 3/4 lb fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
Remove a 4- by 1-inch strip of zest from 1 tangerine with a sharp vegetable peeler (preferably Y-shaped), then scrape off any white pith from strip. Squeeze 1/3 cup juice from tangerines.
Bring juice, zest strip, and remaining ingredients to a boil in a heavy medium saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved, then simmer, uncovered, until berries have burst, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. Discard zest before serving if desired.