2000s Recipes + Menus
Pecan and Goat-Cheese Marbles
- Active time:40 min
- Start to finish:1 hr
Learn the story behind the Over the Top Thanksgiving menu in our series The Recipe.
- 1 cup pecans (1/4 lb)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (11-oz) log soft goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed with side of a large knife, then chopped
- About 50 to 60 large flat-leaf parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in upper third.
Toss pecans with butter, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, then toast in a 4-sided sheet pan until fragrant and a shade darker, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cool completely.
Pulse pecans in a food processor just until finely chopped, then transfer to a wide shallow bowl.
Stir together goat cheese, rosemary, coriander, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until combined well. Form teaspoons of cheese mixture into marbles between your palms, then roll in pecans to coat and roll between your palms again briefly. Transfer to a plate.
Put a parsley leaf under each cheese marble and spear together with a wooden pick.
- Cheese marbles can be made and coated with pecans 1 day ahead and chilled.
- Cheese marbles can be speared with parsley 1 hour ahead and chilled.