2000s Recipes + Menus
- Active time:15 min
- Start to finish:15 min
View more of our favorite recipes from this issue, and watch the cooks in The Test Kitchen taste this sandwich.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4 slices rye bread
- 6 oz sliced cooked turkey
- 3/4 cup drained sauerkraut
- 1/4 lb sliced Swiss cheese (4 or 8 slices)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Whisk together mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Spread on bread and make sandwiches with turkey, sauerkraut, and cheese.
Melt butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, then cook sandwiches, turning once, until bread is golden and cheese is melted, about 6 minutes total.