2000s Recipes + Menus
- Active time:25 min
- Start to finish:4 hr (includes chilling)
View more of our favorite recipes from this issue.
- 3 (12-oz) packages unsweetened frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 (1/4-oz) packages unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup bottled pomegranate juice
- 2 cups bottled wild lingonberry sauce or lingonberries (from two 14-oz jars)
- 1/2 cup sugar
Accompaniment:lightly sweetened whipped cream
Purée raspberries with their juices in a food processor, then force though a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, discarding solids.
Sprinkle gelatin over pomegranate juice in a medium saucepan and let stand 1 minute to soften. Cook over low heat, stirring, until gelatin has dissolved. Stir in lingonberry sauce and sugar. Cook, stirring, until sugar has dissolved and sauce has melted. Stir into berry purée.
Quick-chill in an ice bath, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to mound, about 30 minutes. Pour into dishes or glasses and chill until set, at least 3 hours.