2000s Recipes + Menus
Frisée and Radish Salad with Hazelnut Dressing
- Active time:25 min
- Start to finish:25 min
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (2 oz), coarsely chopped
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 small heads frisée (about 10 oz total)
- 4 medium radishes, thinly sliced
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a small skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Add hazelnuts and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Cool slightly in skillet.
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain and reserve 1 Tbsp bacon fat. Break bacon into 1-inch pieces.
Purée hazelnuts (with any remaining cooking oil), vinegar, lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt, remaining vegetable oil, and reserved bacon fat in a blender just until nuts are finely chopped (dressing will be thick and slightly chunky).
Toss frisée, radishes, and bacon with dressing.