2000s Recipes + Menus
Brandied Fig Vanilla Pudding
- Active time:15 min
- Start to finish:2 hr
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup fig or other preserves
- 1 tablespoon brandy, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and 1/8 tsp salt in a heavy medium saucepan, then whisk in milk and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking frequently, then boil, whisking, 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla.
Divide among 4 (6- to 8-oz) glasses and chill, uncovered, until cold, at least 1 1/2 hours.
Stir together preserves, brandy, and lemon juice, then spoon on top of puddings.