2000s Recipes + Menus
Apricot, Date, and Pistachio Haroseth
- Active time:15 min
- Start to finish:15 min
- 2/3 cup whole almonds with skin, toasted (see Tips) and cooled
- 2/3 cup unsalted shelled pistachios (or additional almonds)
- 1 cup dried apricots (preferably California/Pacific), coarsely chopped (5 oz)
- 2/3 cup pitted dried dates, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cream Sherry
- 1 (3- by 1/2-inch) strip orange zest, finely chopped (1 tsp)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Pulse nuts in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add dried fruit and pulse until chopped. Add Sherry, zest, and spices and pulse until incorporated.
- If dried fruit isn’t soft, soak in boiling-hot water 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry before proceeding.
- Haroseth can be made 2 days ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.