2000s Recipes + Menus
Chicken Spice Rub
- Active time:10 min
- Start to finish:10 min
- 3 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried green peppercorns
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 Turkish bay leaves or 1 California
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
equipment:an electric coffee/spice grinder
Toast fennel in a dry small heavy skillet over medium heat, shaking skillet frequently, until fragrant and a shade darker, about 2 minutes. Cool, then finely grind with remaining ingredients in grinder.
- Spice rub keeps in a sealed container in a cool, dark place 6 months.
- We also have a Web-exclusive recipe using the leftover dried green peppercorns.