2000s Recipes + Menus
Chipotle Pork Cheeseburgers
- Active time:10 min
- Start to finish:20 min
View more of our favorite recipes from this issue.
- 1 lb ground pork (not lean)
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle in adobo plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, forced through a garlic press
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large tomatillo (1/4 lb), husked and rinsed, then sliced
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
Prepare a gas grill for direct-heat cooking over medium heat; see “Grilling Procedure.”
Gently mix pork, chipotle, garlic, and a scant tsp salt until just combined. Form into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
Oil grill rack, then grill patties, covered, 4 minutes.
Flip patties and top with a slice of cheese. Grill, covered, until just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Spread buns with mayonnaise and assemble burgers with tomatillo, avocado, and cilantro.