2000s Recipes + Menus
- Active time:25 min
- Start to finish:30 min
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 lb tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped, keeping white parts and greens separate
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups corn kernels (from about 8 ears)
Whisk together oil, vinegar, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Toss tomatoes with dressing.
While tomatoes marinate, cook white parts of scallions in butter with 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes. Add corn and sauté until just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
Stir together corn, tomatoes, and scallion greens.
- Corn can be cooked 1 day ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature before using.