2000s Recipes + Menus
Green Goddess Sauce
- Active time:15 min
- Start to finish:15 min
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 scallions, white and pale green parts chopped and greens finely chopped (reserve separately)
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon
Pulse mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, parsley, white and pale green parts of scallion, anchovy paste, and 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper in a food processor until parsley and scallion are finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and stir in scallion greens and tarragon. Chill until ready to use.
- Sauce can be chilled up to 1 day.