Pan Fried Bell Peppers
Peperonata in saor
Gourmet's Adventures with Ruth: Season One: Enrica Rocca's Venice
- Active time:20 min
- Start to finish:1 hr 10 min
- 1 lb yellow bell peppers (2 or 3), cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 lb red bell peppers (2 or 3), cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 lb onions, preferably spring bulb onions, white part only, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Toss peppers and onions with oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 12-inch skillet then cook, covered, over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are wilted and very tender, about 45 minutes.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.