Diary of a Foodie
Diary of a Foodie: Season Two: The Inventors
- Active time:15 min
- Start to finish:6 1/2 hr (includes making tomato powder)
- 1/4 lb salted fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon good-quality balsamic vinegar
- About 2 teaspoons tomato powder
Equipment:16 Chinese soupspoons
Cut cheese into 1/4-inch cubes, then toss with basil, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Season with salt.
Divide among soupspoons, then drizzle with vinegar and dust with tomato powder to taste (about 1/8 teaspoon each).