Diary of a Foodie
Diary of a Foodie: Season Three: India & Vietnam: Complex Cuisine
- Active time:15 min
- Start to finish:45 min
Watch a clip of this Diary of a Foodie episode and view its accompanying recipes. Plus, explore all episodes and more recipes from the show.
- 1 cup plain yogurt (not low-fat; preferably Greek-style)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vindaloo paste (preferably Patak's brand)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 whole chicken legs (thigh and drumstick; 3 3/4 lb), skin discarded
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 500ºF. Line rack of a broiler pan with foil.
Stir together all ingredients except chicken in a large bowl until combined well. Coat both sides of chicken legs well with yogurt mixture (use all of it), then transfer to broiler pan, arranging them in 1 layer.
Roast chicken until charred in some spots and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.