- Active time: 20 min
Total time: 2 1/2 hr
- 1 1/2 pounds red cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Combine cabbage, cilantro, mint, basil, and scallions in a bowl. Whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, salt, sugar, and oil. Toss cabbage with dressing, then chill, covered, at least 2 hours for slaw to soften.
Slaw can be made 8 hours ahead and chilled, covered.