Roasted Red Pepper–Walnut Dip
- Active time: 15 min
Total time: 15 min
This sauce was created especially for our Homemade French Fries with Five Dipping Sauces recipe, part of our Gourmet Modern Menu: Burger Bash. Click here to view the full menu.
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped drained roasted red peppers (from a 7-ounce jar)
- 1 slice firm white sandwich bread, torn into pieces
- 1 medium garlic clove, or to taste, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Blend together walnuts, roasted peppers, bread pieces, garlic paste, lemon juice, cumin, and cayenne in a food processor until as smooth as possible, about 1 minute.
With motor running, add oil in a slow stream and blend until combined well. Season to taste with salt and additional lemon juice, as well as additional cayenne and minced garlic.
Sauce can be made 3 days ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Gourmet Live